A big honor for one area health care center. Mercy Defiance Hospital has been listed as one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics, a leading provider of data-driven analytics and solutions to improve the cost and quality of health care. Mercy Defiance Hospital is one of 10 Ohio small community hospitals to be named and the only hospital in the six-county corner of northwest Ohio. The Truven Health 100 Top Hospitals study identifies hospitals and leadership teams that provide the highest level of value to their communities, based on a national balanced scorecard. The study shows that if all hospitals in the U.S. performed at the level of this year’s winners, including Mercy Defiance:
• 126,471 additional lives could be saved.
• 108,926 additional patients could be complication-free.
• $1.8 billion in inpatient costs could be saved.
• The average patient stay would decrease by half a day.
• Episode-of-illness expense would be 2 percent lower than the peer average.