Assisted living fire caused by lamp

Inves­ti­ga­tors say a fire at a Put­nam County assisted liv­ing facil­ity was caused by a lamp. Two peo­ple were injured in the fire Wednes­day just before 1 a.m. at the Mead­ows of Leipic. They say a lamp knocked over dur­ing the night started a small trash can fire. The staff evac­u­ated the build­ing. Two peo­ple were treated for smoke inhala­tion, one res­i­dent and one staff mem­ber. Fire­fight­ers found heavy smoke at the facil­ity and cred­ited the building’s fire sup­pres­sion sys­tem with con­tain­ing the fire to the room where it happened.

Check Also

Lucas Co. Prosecutor appeals decision to give Toledo man new trial.

The Lucas County Prosecutor’s Office has appealed a decision from last month that gave a …