Several families are now starting all over after flames destroyed everything they owned this week near Grover Hill.
Tina Howell lived at the home on Road 155, where she said her family has been for 82 years. Her family lost everything in the blaze on Monday.
Howell, her sons, her mother, daughter, son-in-law, and their family all lived there, along with Mary Rickerd, when the fire broke out just before 5 Monday morning in a utility room. Flames then spread through the two story home.
While the family is counting their blessings that they all got out safely, they did lose several cats in the fire, which as of now, is believed to have been caused by an electrical problem.
Right now, the Red Cross is helping the family with basic needs, such as food and shelter, but they now need to find permanent shelter, and new clothes.
Donations can be dropped off at the Grover Hill Fire Department. Toys, pots and pans and other household items are all needed.