Home Destroyed By Flames

Flames early Mon­day morn­ing destroyed a home and a garage in But­ler. For­tu­nately, fire­fight­ers were able to save the house next door. The first call came in just before 3am Mon­day for the fire at 324 West Main Street in But­ler. Fire­fight­ers from But­ler, Edger­ton, Angola, Auburn, Water­loo, Spencerville, and Con­cord Town­ship all responded. A garage next to the house was a work­shop, where oxy­gen, acety­lene and propane tanks were located. The Bryan Times reports those tanks exploded like fire­works for about a half an hour. The cause of the fire remains unde­ter­mined, and is being inves­ti­gated by the Indi­ana Fire Marshal’s office. No one was home when the fire started and no injuries were reported.

Check Also

The Battle Lines Are Drawn

The Statehouse and other state buildings in downtown Columbus will be closed through Inauguration Day…as …