An explosion that could be heard and felt by some people as much as four miles away, leveled a Steuben County home Thursday. No one was in the home at the time, but a dog that was inside was rescued by a neighbor.
Police say it happened at the home on Snow Lake around 1:30 yesterday afternoon.
When firefighters arrived , the bathtub was siting in front of what used to be the house.
The home was owned by Danielle Young, an employee of Dave’s Lake Shack, the business next door. Dave Ellis owns the business. He’s the man who rescued Young’s dog.
Ellis told reporters that he was upstairs at his business when he heard what he thought was an explosion.
He looked out the window and all he saw was debris filling the air.
Investigators say the gas lines were broken right at the base of the house.
The investigation is continuing today.