House Fire!

The rash of house fires in our area con­tin­ued Thurs­day morn­ing when flames were reported at a home County Road 18.75 between Stryker and Bryan.

The call came in around 8:45 yes­ter­day morn­ing. When fire­fight­ers arrived, they found the flames con­tained to a first-floor bed­room.

Ice on the roads and on the ground ham­pered fire­fight­ers efforts. Then the blow­ing rain, sleet, and even light­ning put a fur­ther crimp in fire­fight­ers efforts to con­tain the blaze.

The cause of that fire was blamed on com­bustible mate­ri­als too close to a space heater.

Dam­age is esti­mated at $20,000.

Check Also

Serious injury accident Tuesday afternoon in Williams County.

(Defiance) – The Ohio State Highway Patrol’s Defiance Post is investigating a serious injury crash …