Don’t try this at home…
Authorities say an Indiana man set his house on fire… while using a blow torch to remove spider webs.
Firefighters were called out for a fire reported to be in the walls of a home in rural DeKalb County.
The homeowner told fire crew members he had been burning out spider webs with a blow torch in the basement, and he thought the fire was out, but then discovered that the insulation had caught fire.
The house sustained exterior damage and interior smoke damage.
Authorities say one person living there suffered complications from the smoke, but declined treatment at the scene.