NURSING HOME FIRE DISPLACES 64 RESIDENTS IN ANGOLA

All res­i­dents from Lake­land Nurs­ing and Reha­bil­i­ta­tion Cen­ter in Angola had to be evac­u­ated due to an attic fire. The elec­tri­cal fire that started at about 10:20 p.m. Fri­day night was in the orig­i­nal wing of the facil­ity, above the office area.

It’s hoped that all res­i­dents will be back at Lake­land by tomor­row.

There were no injuries or fatal­i­ties.

When fire­fight­ers arrived, they found an active fire in the attic. All 64 res­i­dents were evac­u­ated to other area facil­i­ties for tem­po­rary housing.

Check Also

Covid In WC…Now.

COVID-19 is continuing its surge in Williams County leading into the holiday season with another …