WAUSEON FIRE

A fire that inves­ti­ga­tors say started on the side porch of a Wauseon triplex early Sat­ur­day morn­ing, caused dam­age esti­mated at $50,000.

Wauseon fire­fight­ers responded just before 1 a.m. to the two-story, wood-frame struc­ture at 131 Beech St.

When they arrived, the five per­sons inside the three apart­ments had got­ten out, and smoke alarms were sound­ing.

One woman had to jump out of a second-story win­dow to escape the flames. She was taken to the Ful­ton County Health Cen­ter with back pain.

Check Also

Bryan Electric officials review 2023 with Bryan Board of Public Affairs.

Bryan Electric officials review 2023 with the Bryan Board of Public Affairs and noted that …