Holgate Fire Reported

A house in Hol­gate was gut­ted by flames Tues­day morn­ing. The Cres­cent News reports that crews from six area fire depart­ments responded in the bone chill­ing cold.

The first call came in just after 10 Tues­day morn­ing, for the fire at 322 South Wil­helm Street, at a home owned by the John Blakey fam­ily.

The house suf­fered severe dam­age from the fire, which report­edly was sparked by some­thing on the first floor, and then spread through­out the rest of the struc­ture.

One fam­ily mem­ber was home at the time, but he report­edly got out safely, and nobody was hurt.

The cause of the fire is still unde­ter­mined, pend­ing an inves­ti­ga­tion by the Ohio Fire Marshal.

Check Also

More Money For IN Housing

A federal agency awards Indiana housing authorities $35 million dollars for large-scale projects to modernize …